Saturday, September 19, 2009

First post!

Today i decided to start this blog. For months I have been following other blogs on blogspot mostly people in the Warhammer 40k universe. Its mostly my recent seclusion that I have been in dire need to express my idea's in a constructive venue. Its my hope that eventually I can use this as a means of keeping on track with my pursuits as well as a sounding board for idea's and opinions. One of my goals is to get a camera and link this to a VBlog.

Here is a brief list of some of the stuff that I have going on right now.

GURPS Fantasy Campaign: I currently building my own fantasy campaign set in a as of yet unamed city. Drawing inspiration from the Freeport campaign setting and kingdom of heaven, its my intend to create a low magic setting with a political bent. SO far I am stuck to trudging the considerable Tome that is GURPS 4th ed. as its my first time using the system

Legend of the Five Rings: This is a constant project as I play competitive tournaments in an area saturated by big tourney winners. The recently reset the format and with the introduction of border keep and the amped power level of the game overall I expect Celestial Arc to be interesting indeed. Currently I test running a Deathseeker/Hero Themed deck that revolved around sacrificing my units to pk actions then using recursion to bring them back into play. This is mostly a fun deck as I have as of yet to get some serious inspiration for a serious tourney deck.

Warhammer 40k Game Room: Currently halted but I have been slowly converted my garage into a safehaven for my wargaming habit.I wanted to start a play group that played weekly at my place. I don't typically like playing outside my friend group unless I am doing a tourney anyway. So far I have about half the garage emptied out, put up a shop light, shelf and have about 2 tables that can be taken down. Plus a fair amount of throw on the table terrain.

Warhammer Painting: Its a constant struggle. When I first got into the game about 4 years ago I just played and didn't paint. It wasn't until this last January that I decided to sit down and do some painting. Well between family, work and other things painting has been a real struggle to get done. So far I am almost done with a unit of Tyranid Warriors, Just started a unit of gaunts and decided that I wanted to practice how to paint on some space marines. Needless to say lack of time along with indecisiveness and plus lack of ability has made painting really a task but I am sure that i will get it done sooner or later.


No comments:

Post a Comment